Our Available Rooms
Hints and tips to improve your holiday
Impala Holiday Flats is one of the most established Self Catering Accommodation in Durban. Being family owned and run we take pride in ensuring our guests have the best stay possible and large amount of guests return year on year.
With over 103 apartments to choose from and all being fully furnished, we can accommodate groups and families of up to 6 people.
What types of accommodation is available?
Impala has three main apartment types:
1) 1-2 Sleeper Apartment: This is our most economical room but with all the mod cons.
2) 1-6 Sleeper Apartment: Perfect for a family stay and with enough space that everyone is comfortable.
3) Executive 1-6 Sleeper Apartment: As its name suggests this is our most premium flat and is boosted by superb sea views.
What do the self catered apartments come with?
All our apartments come fitted with a TV, offering all the major local South African channels, including. – SABC 1,2,3 and ETV.
Rooms are cleaned daily by our professional and friendly cleaning staff, whilst all bed linen and bath towels are provided free of charge, but please be sure to bring your own beach towels to explore Durban's beautiful beaches which are just yards away.
Additionally our kitchens come with a stove, fridge, crockery, cutlery and cookware. Everything that is needed for the perfect family meal or quick breakfast.
We know that holidays can get expensive and a lot of our guests ask for tips on how to improve their stay. As such we have put together our top self catering budgeting ideas:
- Bring some of your home comforts with you such as coffee, teabags and sugar. This could save you a small fortune as these items are often left behind after a stay.
- Don’t be shy, ask our friendly reception when you check-in and they will gladly recommend some of our favourite restaurants at a fair price. Durban curry all the way!
- Source some home grown produce at our local markets and shops. We are ideally situated next to a number of malls all of which have a great selection of foods. A freshly baked baguette with fresh sliced meats and cheese, or a tasty salad.
- Further to point 3. make sure you know the timings of when you will be arriving, checking in late and then venturing out only to find the shops closed late at night will leave the kids hungry.
- Don't go over board any buy too much food for your trip, plan your meals out wisely and ensure there just the right amount. The last thing you want to do is have to bring expiring food home with you.
- In a hot climate its always advisable to put your perishable foods in the fridge to avoid waste.
- Zip lock your foods in a bag to ensure they are kept fresh.
- Clothing- Durban weather can be known to change quickly (even though for most of the year its perfect) so the right clothing for the time of year- check ahead with the weather forecast, you do't want to be left our in the rain.
- Picnic basket to take to the beach, Impala just yards from the beach front and provides a fantastic holiday setting, whats best than to enjoy lunch there.
Lots of our guest do and we provide safe and secure undercover parking. Its advisable to book in a parking spot with your booking to ensure there is space.
The building has the latest CCTV installed and 24 hour security guards patrolling the hallways and manning the front door. Adding to the security and peace of mind of our guests.
Our address can easily be found on Google Maps, so simply click the "directions" icon on your phone and you will be directed right to us. Alternatively feel free to give us a call to ensure you find us.